Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, have a hands-on approach and wish to develop a long-term career in this industry.
We are happy to accept applications from candidates from school leavers to mature applicants.
We require you to undertake the Customer Service Standard as we require the candidate to have a Customer focussed approach.
The role will involve the following:
- Liaise proactively with customers on a day-to-day basis and undertake all counter sales functions in accordance with Group requirements in order to fulfil their needs
- Ensure all suppliers, customers, visitors and employees comply with the Company Health and Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity and pricing
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensure that cash and payment systems are followed in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
- Maximise sales opportunities for related products and Group cross selling, after training.
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Ensure the upkeep of all merchandising to maximise sales, customer satisfaction and appearance
- Attend meetings and group discussions where required
- Chasing up payments
- Using Microsoft Office packages, in particular Word, Excel
- Lifting may be required as experience will be gained in the day-to-day yard operations
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by the company from time to time, as instructed by or under the direction of your immediate supervisor
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
After 6 months of initial training at the Branch, if the opportunity arises, you may transfer to another branch.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a full-time position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
Please prepare to answer these questions at interview:
- Why do you think you would be good with customers?
- What are you proud of achieving?
- What are your ambitions?
Wage range/hours dependent on the following:
- Hours will be 40 for candidates aged 16 or 17
- Hours will be up to 45 hours for candidates aged 18 or above
40 hours x £5.00 = £200 for candidates aged 16/17
45 hours x £5.00 = £225 for candidates aged 18 or over
The duties required as part of yard operations requires a candidate to lift and carry so you need to be physically fit; you will be loading and unloading stock, undertake a hands-on role assisting customers with their products.
On successful completion of apprenticeship, the rate of pay will increase to £6 per hour after 1 year.