This role will be both customer facing as well as a hands-on practical position, which with the help of our team will enable you to learn about products, sales, the running of a branch and develop your confidence. This gives you a hands-on experience to learn about a business as well as bringing your learning from college into action.
Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, have a hands-on approach and wish to develop a long-term career in this industry.
We require you to undertake the Customer Service Standard as we require the candidate to have a Customer focused approach.
The role will involve the following:
- Liaise proactively with customers on a day to day basis and undertake all counter sales functions in accordance with Group requirements in order to fulfil their needs
- Ensure all suppliers, customers, visitors, and employees comply with the Company Health and Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity and pricing
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensure that cash and payment systems are followed in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
- Maximise sales opportunities for related products and Group cross selling, after training
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Ensure the upkeep of all merchandising to maximise sales, customer satisfaction and appearance
- Attend meetings and group discussions where required
- Chasing up payments
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, and Excel
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by the company from time to time, as instructed by or under the direction of your immediate supervisor
- Lifting may be required as experience will be gained in the day to day yard operations
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed, and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, and confidentiality
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
Wage range/hours dependent on the following:
- Hours will be 40 for candidates aged 16 or 17
- Hours will be up to 45 hours for candidates aged 18 or above
40 hours x £5.00 = £200 for candidates aged 16/17
45 hours x £5.00 = £225 for candidates aged 18 or over
On successful completion of apprenticeship, the rate of pay will increase to £6 per hour after 1 year.
The job requires a candidate to lift and carry so you need to be physically fit as you will be loading and unloading stock, undertake a hands-on role assisting customers with their products.