|The role will include various duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include working in the workshop stock checking and processing orders as well as the following areas:
· General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
· Distribution of relevant documents.
· Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel
· Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
· Responsible for co-ordinating the post
· To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
· Inputting data onto internal systems with a high
level of accuracy
· Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering
as and when appropriate
· After training dealing with deliveries
· Dealing with processing orders
· Producing quotations
· Assisting all members of the team as and when required
· Requirement to wear personal protective equipment, when required – provided by company.
· Dealing with requests for information
· There are opportunities to progress and work in different areas such as assisting the product design through to the manufacturing teams.
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
· Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions.
· Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme.
· Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline.
· Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme. Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
· Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when
· Attend all work-based training/support sessions
· Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
G P Sheet Metals Ltd
Apprentice Customer Service Work Shop Administrator – G P Sheet Metals
This is an exciting opportunity to work for G P Sheet Metals Limited. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team. This apprenticeship gives you a hands-on experience to learn about a business as well as bringing your learning from college into action. No experience needed but a good positive attitude to learn on the job is essential.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
• Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
• Must have a good level of literacy skills.
• Must be self-driven, genuine with a positive attitude and clear focus
• Must be sufficiently mobile and flexible to work beyond the call of duty to achieve results
• Confident in using email and the internet
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
• IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
• Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
• Good numeracy skills.
• Ability to be organised and to meet targets set to complete the required work-based evidence, assignments and logging of all work completed towards completion of your apprenticeship programme – your employer will also support you with these requirements.
• Confident in using email and the internet.
• The successful candidate will be organised.
• Willing to work effectively in the team.
• An enthusiastic individual
• Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
• Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
• Ability to work on own initiative, when required
• Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
• Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
• Friendly and approachable.
• Commitment to undertake continued training and development.