What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Ensure deliveries are accurate and counted correctly
- Check for damaged and missing items
- Assist in loading shipments
- Dispatching company orders on computer system
- Loading onto freight transport
- Stock checks as required
- Assisting planning for stock rotation and optimisation of space
- Assisting in developing warehouse performance and organisation
- Assisting in security of warehouse and contents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidates will study the Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard at Kirklees College. The training will be delivered remotely via Microsoft Teams on a monthly basis, and the Assessor will make regularly visits to observe the successful candidates in the work place.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Subject to satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship, we are looking to take on the apprentices as full time members of staff.
Things to consider
The role will involve lifting.