The role will include various administration, customer service and social media duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter.
- Organising business travel
- Administering the company’s internet shop, packaging and distribution of internet ordered goods, dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Answering enquiries via our Ebay account
- Taking photographs of items to be sold on Ebay
- Adding parts to Ebay
- Cleaning parts so they are ready to be photographed for sale
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with general enquiries from customers and clients.
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments with by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
Mirfield Automotive Spares Ltd is located close to Mirfield town centre and is within a five minutes’ walk of both the main Huddersfield Road and Mirfield train station providing great public transport links.
Due to the nature of company the ability to drive would be an advantage.
This company is commercial vehicle dismantlers and as such the successful candidate should be aware that they will be required to wear safety boots, gloves, helmet and high visibility vests when in the yard.