Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide high quality administrative support to management, teaching and support staff utilising available technology, ensuring that all work is completed on schedule
- Assist in the production and updating of school documents, publications and handbooks under the supervision of the appropriate member of staff
- Assist in the effective and efficient operation and management of the school’s computerised central management information system inputting all relevant data and ensuring that all aspects of the system are maintained and kept up to date
- To collate and distribute incoming mail and messages and process outgoing communication
- Take minutes and type the minutes for meetings as directed by the Administration Manager
- To manage the main switchboard, routing calls as appropriate, taking, recording and passing on messages as necessary
- Support the administration of all school trips, visits and activities. Ensure all the information is collated for the responsible officer to approve
- Assist in the analysis of data as directed by Administration Manager
- Proofread and collating information for marketing materials to be produced, a high level of attention to details is required
- Maintaining postage records
- Operate photocopiers, industrial printers, and other reprographic equipment; producing, collating and distributing work as required
- Maintaining records of reprographic work completed for finance to internal charge departments
- To maintain the highest professional standards in relation to staff, students, parents and carers, and external agencies
- Provide all parents/carers, students and visitors to the school with relevant support and information on all aspects pertaining to the life of the school
- Ensure all communication with staff, parents and students, processed through the general office is checked for accuracy and reviewed by other departments where necessary
- To liaise with heads of departments, and pastoral team, with regards to administration of events including supporting presentation evenings, induction evenings etc.
- To maintain and manage the reception area, providing a welcoming environment for all visitors, ensuring they follow the signing in procedure and are aware of the Safeguarding procedures
- Preparing reports and updates for key stakeholders as required
- Constantly assisting to review procedures and environments to maximise efficiencies • Maintain efficient and effective office management and filing systems
- Assist Administration Manager with any duties relating to the School’s social media accounts
- Complete all required work inconnection to the apprenticeship prpgramme and attend all lessons/training sessions
- Ensure full compliance with GDPR legislation and regulations for admin area
- Committing to and work towards our ambition to deliver an outstanding education for children and young people in our schools, taking appropriate action to ensure that your team members do likewise.
The list of duties is not exhaustive and will include any other responsibilities relevant to this role or as directed by the Administration Manager/Headteacher and flexibility to support colleagues and teams across the School.
As part of your wider duties and responsibilities you are required to promote and actively support the School’s responsibilities towards Safeguarding. Safeguarding is about keeping people safe and protecting people from harm, neglect, abuse and injury. It is about creating safe places, being vigilant and doing something about any concerns you might have.