Our environment is hard working, friendly, welcoming, and committed to achieving success for our gymnasts and the club.
- Greet and welcome all clients
- Handle face to face, e-mail and telephone queries
- Deal with automated, cash and card payments
- Log accident report forms on British Gymnastics website
- Take merchandise orders
The role will include various administration duties within the department with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Answer the telephone confidently and be able to communicate in a professional manner when taking helpdesk and general enquiries
- Log all calls/job schedules with a high level of accuracy
- Make telephone calls and be able to confidently communicate in a professional manner
- Speak clearly and in a polite/friendly manner
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Dealing with sales and customer service queries via the telephone and e-mail
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Great prospects for progression to a permanent role for the right candidate, and further progression through future training.
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus and train to Wakefield – please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
The duties and responsibilities attached to this role demand a flexible approach to work, and your contact incudes working on a Saturday.