What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning to inspect both vehicles and trailers
- Servicing HGV’s
- Learning systems, including defect and fault finding
- Gaining experience and knowledge of how to fill in paperwork, both electronically and manually
- Learning rules around health and safety and house keeping
- Developing skills to carry our mechanical repairs in a safe and effective way
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidates will be enrolled on the Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Level 3 apprenticeship standard. As a motor vehicle apprentice, you will be studying one day a week at our college’s specialist Engineering Centre which boasts state-of-the-art equipment and workshops. You will find all the relevant workshops and demonstration areas required for you to complete your studies with Kirklees College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
With 4 workshops around the country we provide maintenance services to some of the biggest brands in the UK. Our Technicians are highly skilled and we are looking to secure our business for the future with an apprentice scheme that enables these Technicians to pass on their skills to the next generation. As such there is a potential full time position offered to the right candidates on completion of the qualification.
Things to consider
Working with HGVs can be physically demanding, you may have to also work outside .