The role will include various legal administration duties as well as providing a professional customer service; the aim is to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- Managing litigation team diary of court dates.
- Assisting solicitors in progressing cases.
- After training, preparation and processing of prosecution files
- After training, securing the preparation of typed statements, records of taped interviews and full transcripts and processing of audio/video tapes within appropriate time scales.
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents with a keen eye on detail
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Ensure that our internal system is maintained according to GDPR regulations, so that information is up to date and easily available.
- Dealing with various types of correspondence, court documents and third parties.
- Liaise with our Client to ensure that documents and information obtained are within satisfactory turnaround times.
- Respond to escalated issues from Client’s customers as required in accordance with regulations, procedures, policies and client’s service level agreements ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Ensure all departmental processes are followed and that all internal systems are correctly noted items are correctly filed, scanned, forwarded and or confidentially destroyed.
- Provide information on disclosure, and be the first line contact in answering and resolving day to day queries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors and providing refreshments when required
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.