You will gain a broad range of skills and competencies – using IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods – you will become an integral part of the team supporting the heart of this business.
The main tasks:
- Using warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock (eg Load Container Lists) within a warehouse environment to facilitate the safe handling of goods and an effective and efficient service to internal/external customers
- Timely picking, packing and despatching of customer orders
- Maintaining accurate stock through cycle counting
- To ensure accuracy and efficiency in all tasks undertaken
- To support the good running and control of the business, as part of the Operations team
- To operate any equipment, powered equipment and machinery where appropriate; training provided to use the equipment
- Using the latest technology
- Communicating with customers (external and internal)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company which invests in the development of its employees.
In the short term more computer and FLT training may be available to the right candidate.
In the longer term there is potential for progression and promotion within the company.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).