kirklees college staff
Access KC Share or reset your password
Quick Start Guides
Eduroam Certificate Change
On 5 March 2021, the current security certificate for connecting to eduroam Wi-Fi will be retired and a new certificate will take effect. This means that everyone connecting to eduroam using a laptop, phone or tablet computer will need to reconfigure the Wi-Fi of their device, using the instructions on this page, to keep using eduroam.
The simplest way to connect to eduroam is by using eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistance Tool).
After setting up your eduroam access you will also be able to connect at other participating institutions. See eduroam.org for further details.
- Use your device to access the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool website. Alternatively Android users can search for ‘eduroam CAT’ in the app store.
- Select the button titled Click here to download your eduroam installer.
- Select the location Kirklees College (you may need to type Kirklees into the search).
- Select the button to download the eduroam installer for your system (select Choose another installer to download if the right one is not displayed).
- Run the installer.
- Provide your college username including @kirkleescollege.latestbuild.dev and password.
To provide extra secuirty to college IT systems, we have in place two factor authentication (2FA) using an app called Duo. Some help guides and videos are below. Should you need further support, please contact the IT team.
Enrolling your mobile to 2FA
Watch this short video to learn how to enrol your mobile phone
Logging into a College Device with 2FA
Watch this short video on how to login to a college device using 2FA
Microsoft Office Apps
As a member of staff at Kirklees College you can install Microsoft Office apps (Outlook, Word, Power Point etc.) on your home computer. Simply go to Office.com and login in with your college username and password and you’ll be able to download and install the full versions of all the apps.